B.I.D. (Basic Industrial Design) is a custom design and manufacturing team that provides and maintains tailored solutions to our client’s unique business problems.
We supply individual pieces of equipment or complete systems for mining, cement, steel, utility, co-gen, manufacturing, ports, pulp & paper industries, and others. We’ve recently joined forces with McDonough Manufacturing, a family owned and operated business, that has been crafting top-of-the-line custom sawmill machinery since 1888, in the Chippewa Valley, Wisconsin. In 2017, we expanded our horizons internationally and McDonough Canada was born in Mactaquac, New Brunswick.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Machinist with BID Ltd Canada at our facility in Woodstock, New Brunswick. The Machinist will efficiently operate Lathe and Milling Machine to produce product that satisfies customer requirements, as well as that of Quality Assurance, in a safe and cost-effective manner. Repair and maintain shop hand tools (grinders, drills and welding whips.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and vernier calipers
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, shapers or grinders.
- Measure, examine and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials onto machines
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operation needed to fabricate products and determine product dimensions and tolerances
- Lay out, measure and mark metal stock in order to display placement of cuts
- Observe and listen to operating machines or equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions and to determine need for adjustments or repairs
- Position and fasten workpieces
- Clean and lubricate machines, tools, and equipment in order to remove grease, rust, stains and foreign matter.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Mechanically inclined
- Safety oriented track record
- CSA Safety Boots required in good condition.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and RRSP matching.
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance).
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance.
- Paid vacation.
- Four day work week.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
To apply, please email email@example.com.