B.I.D. (Basic Industrial Design) is a custom design and manufacturing team that provides and maintains tailored solutions to our client’s unique business problems.
We supply individual pieces of equipment or complete systems for mining, cement, steel, utility, co-gen, manufacturing, ports, pulp & paper industries, and others. We’ve recently joined forces with McDonough Manufacturing, a family owned and operated business, that has been crafting top-of-the-line custom sawmill machinery since 1888, in the Chippewa Valley, Wisconsin. In 2017, we expanded our horizons internationally and McDonough Canada was born in Mactaquac, New Brunswick.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Millwright with BID Ltd Canada at our facility in Woodstock, New Brunswick.
- Read blueprints, locate materials or parts, and organize their assembly process per drawings and/or verbal instructions.
- Efficiently and properly assemble purchased components to machinery including but not limited to sprockets, shafts, hydraulic and electrical components, chain, belts, tensioner units, rollers, chain run liner, bushings etc.
- Safely operate a forklift, overhead crane, or jib crane.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Red seal Industrial Mechanic/Millwright or equivalent experience.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year work experience as a Millwright or Industrial Mechanic in a production environment.
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards and a commitment to work safely.
- Strong problem-solving skills; able to identify problems and execute effective solutions.
- Pneumatic and Hydraulic plumbing experience.
- Welding and fitting experience.
- Experience in a metal fabrication shop equipment.
- Additional certifications in machining.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and RRSP matching.
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance).
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance.
- Paid vacation.
- Four day work week.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.
To apply, please email email@example.com.