B.I.D. (Basic Industrial Design) is a custom design and manufacturing team that provides and maintains tailored solutions to our client’s unique business problems.
We supply individual pieces of equipment or complete systems for mining, cement, steel, utility, co-gen, manufacturing, ports, pulp & paper industries, and others. We’ve recently joined forces with McDonough Manufacturing, a family owned and operated business, that has been crafting top-of-the-line custom sawmill machinery since 1888, in the Chippewa Valley, Wisconsin. In 2017, we expanded our horizons internationally and McDonough Canada was born in Mactaquac, New Brunswick.
The purpose of the position is to aid in the design of our conveyor structures, trusses, and supports. As the Structural Engineer you will select member sizes and provide load data based on an analysis of the conveyor layout. With a strong understanding of industry standards and a focus on precision, you will ensure the stability and performance of conveyor systems.
- Work with engineering team to design the conveyor structures (i.e. – overall size, number and spacing of supports and steel sizes used).
- Responsible for creating and populating load tables.
- Structural connection design (i.e. – qty and size of bolts used, splice and base plate thicknesses required).
- Stamping of GA and shop drawings Aiding in the size and type of welds required on various pieces of equipment (working with weld symbols).
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- P.Eng designation.
- Knowledge and use of structural programs such as STAAD. An understanding and adherence of the National Building Code.
- Familiar with CWB 47.1 certification requirements.
- Strong understanding of the mechanical forces placed on the structures and the reactions created.
- Knowledge in conveyor systems.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and RRSP matching.
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance).
- Wellness support, including annual wellness allowance.
- Paid vacation.
- Personal and professional development opportunities.